- IRS Form 8283 is used to report information about noncash charitable contributions.
- In this case we are using to report the value of a vehicle donated to charity.
- Instruction on how to fill out IRS Form 8283.
- This publication explains how to claim a deduction for charitable contributions. It discusses:
- ▶ Organizations qualified to receive them,
- ▶ The types of contributions you can deduct,
- ▶ How much you can deduct,
- ▶ What records to keep, and
- ▶ How to report them.
- This publication is designed to help donors and appraisers determine:
▶ The value of property (other than cash) that is given to qualified organizations, and
- ▶ What kind of information you must have to support the charitable contribution deduction you claim on your return.
ARE YOU DONATING YOUR VEHICLE TO CHARITY?
Submit our appraisal along with IRS form 8283 to deduct the value of your vehicle off your taxes.